You, the patient, are the most important person in our office. We are committed to providing you with the best possible medical care. Excellence is our goal. We have worked to provide a full range of services and have highly trained and knowledgeable staff.
Please do not hesitate to ask us any questions about your health plan or medical care.
What you should expect
- To be treated with respect, dignity and be informed of his/her care needs to make appropriate decisions.
- Help plan his/her care and make changes to it.
- Expect that teaching materials will be provided in a manner he/she can understand.
- To be informed of the Medical Practice billing process.
- To have his/her records keep confidential except when consent has been given.
- To expect services to be professional, timely and appropriate.
- To communicate his/her complaints to the Medical Practice Manager and expect to receive follow-up without negative repercussions or changes in service.
- To receive care without discrimination due to race, religion, age, sex, disability or ethnic origin.